THE NEXT BEAUMONT BLITZ WILL BE HELD
The event will be held at the Cris Quinn Memorial Soccer Complex.
SCROLL DOWN TO SEE THE RULES
- This is a Saturday only event. Team managers must check their team in and pay their fees at least 1 hour before their first game.
- There will be no referees. Team managers will run the games, there will be field marshall's policing the event.
- Team entry fee is $40. You can pay by cash or check (made out to Gusher United) on the day of the event.
- There are no finals/winners.
- U8-U11 teams will play in a 3v3 format. Games will be played on the instructional fields. (Field Map)
- U12+ teams will play in a 4v4 format. Games will be played on fields 11-14 A and B. (Field Map)
- All teams are guaranteed 3 games.
- Coaching is to be kept to an absolute minimum.
- No referees. Managers will police the game according to the Blitz Rules.
- This is an event designed to show how much fun you can have playing soccer.
The game shall consist of two 10-minute halves separated by a two minute halftime period. A coin toss will determine possession and direction before the start of the game. Games that are tied after regulation play shall end in a tie.
Substitutions can be made at any time during the game.
KICK OFF/KICK-INS/DIRECT & INDIRECTS KICKS/GOAL KICKS:
KICK OFF: May be kicked in any direction. You cannot score directly from a kick off (ball must be 100% over the mid-line to be considered on the offensive half of the field). The kick off is an indirect kick. KICK-INS: The ball shall be kicked into play from the sideline, rather than thrown in. The ball is considered in play when the ball is touched and changes position. This is an indirect kick, and a goal cannot be scored from this kick. DIRECT & INDIRECT KICKS: All dead-ball kicks (kick-ins, kick-offs, free kicks) are indirect with the exception of corner kicks and penalty kicks. Indirect kicks must only change position before the ball will be considered in play. GOALKICKS:Maybe taken from any point of the end line. All Goal Kicks are indirect kicks.
FIVE YARD RULE:
In all dead-ball situations, defending players must stand at least five yards away from the ball.
A goal may only be scored from a touch (offensive or defensive) within the team’s offensive half on the field. The ball must be completely on the offensive half of the field, and cannot be touching the mid-line (Example: kick-off). If a player in their defensive half kicks the ball across the midline and the ball hits another player (offensive or defensive) in their offensive half, and the ball goes in the goal, a goal will be awarded. If a ball is kicked from the defensive half and is not touched before the ball rests in the goal, a goal kick is awarded to the defensive team. A goal cannot be scored from an indirect kick, such as a kick-in from out-of-bounds. See below for "Plane of the Goal / Net Interference.”
There are no Goalkeepers or Off-sides in the Beaumont Blitz.